Sunday, August 07, 2016

THE DESIGN PLAN - MASTER ENSUITE

Given my newfound love for white spaces, I have decided to go all white in our Master bathroom. We will be upgrading to the same cupboards we chose for the kitchen (white, shaker style style) but with a standard, included knob. Another upgrade are planning on ordering for the bathroom is quartz countertops. Caesarstone is our builder's supplier, and the current contenders are: "Misty Carrara," and "Organic White."

   
Caesarstone - "Organic White"               Caesarstone - "Misty Carrara"


Organic white is a beautiful crisp, clean white with a slight barely noticeable "bubble" pattern and "Misty Carrara" is slightly off white with a grey pattern. It doesn't look exactly like marble, but it's one of the more "marble like" quartz countertops that I've seen - besides "Frosty Carrina" which we will likely have installed in our kitchen sometime after we close - when we can afford it!)

Also undecided is whether or not we want to pay extra for upgraded floor and wall tiles.  I am leaning towards upgrading the floor tiles and going with a standard wall tile because I think the floor will make a bigger impact on the room. All to upgrade the floor tiles will run us about $300, wheras the charge for upgraded wall tiles is $400 - so that helps to make the decision easier. The tile I'm thinking of getting is called  “New Byzantine" by Olympia Tile and for a ceramic tile, it looks pretty similar to marble. The below image makes the tile a bit more blue than it actually is (it's more grey in person) 

Olympia Tile - "New Byzantine" in Azzuro

The wall tile I'm thinking of coordinating the above tile is either a plain white tile, or something like "Belinna" in Grey by Anatolia Tile (which is "standard" and not an upgrade). The tile has a bit of a sheen and somewhat resembles marble. There is also a coordinating floor tile, but it is quite shiny which I'm not sure if I like for a bathroom floor and the reason why I'm leaning toward the abive upgraded tile 

Anatolia Tile - "Belinna" in Grey

Below is what the finishes I'm leaning toward look like together.


Take care!