Monday, May 30, 2016

The White Fireplace

We chose two structural upgrades for our new home: the chef's kitchen and the addition of a fireplace in the Great Room. There were many other upgrades we would have loved to add (glass standing shower, bigger windows in the basement.. etc.) but with the goal of keeping the architectural budget under 10K, we felt these two upgrades would add the most value to our home. I have never had a fireplace before, so I am really looking forward to not only having somewhere to cozy up in the winter, but also having a pretty focal point in the family room.

Below is the basic white fireplace we will be getting. It's nothing special, but I kind of like how simple it is. We will likely add a backsplash to the mantle to glam it up, but there are so many beautiful tile options, I'm not sure how I'll narrow it down!



 

Here are a few of my favourite white fireplaces right now!





Source: Caitlin Wilson

Talk to you later!